Petzl Multi-purpose Basic Ascender
The Basic ascender is a frame loaded rope clamp.
- Versatile: back-up in hauling system, self-belay or rope ascent.
- Chrome-plated steel cam with angled teeth and self-cleaning slot securely grips the rope, even in muddy or icy conditions.
- Lower hole for connecting a lanyard.
- Upper hole through which a carabiner attaches the device to the rope (useful for back-up belays or hauling).
- Compact and lightweight.
- For single ropes between 8 and 13 mm in diameter
- Weight 135 g