You have questions about our policies and procedures?
The following documents may answer some of your questions :
Should you have any questions that remain unanswered after reading through this FAQ, don’t hesitate to contact us.
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
Are all products available online are also available in-store?
No, due to technical and legal concerns, online and in-store product selection may be different.
Note that it is possible possible to check in-store avaibility by clicking Check in store availability on all product pages.
How can I purchase online?
First, choose and add to the basket the article(s) you want. You can choose the color, size and quantity before clicking the ADD TO MY BAG button. If you want to continue shopping, click on CONTINUE SHOPPING. Else, click the CHECKOUT button.
Step 1. Your basket
At this point, all the items in your basket appear on your screen. You must now select the country and the delivery method. You also have to input your postal code since delivery methods vary from one region to another. You can then proceed to place your order.
Step 2. Billing and shipping details
At this point, you may proceed and place your order. You may do so using one of the two proposed methods:
- From your customer account.
- As a guest
* We strongly suggest that you create an account. This will facilitate future orders and the order history comes handy when proceeding with returns.
Once all information has been inputted in the mandatory fields, you may press Continue.
Step 3. Verification
At this point, it is important to validate the information that you have entered during the preceding steps. You may now choose the payment method, enter the credit card number, and then submit the order.
Step 4. Confirmation
At this time, a confirmation email will be sent to you. This email will contain all the details of your order: your order reference number, your personal info, the item(s) ordered, your shipping and billing details.
How do I proceed with my order if I live outside Canada and the US ?
You can do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that contains the following information:
- The list of the items you want to purchase
- Your complete postal address, including postal code
We will then get back to you by email with the shipping costs. Should you wish to go ahead with the order, you may then call us at 1-800-567-1106
*Depending on your country of residence, customs, local taxes or other administrative fees could be added to your order. As they vary from one country to another, we are not able to estimate these fees. You will need to contact your local customs office to get a list of these costs.
Can I place an order online and pick it up in store the same day?
No, it is not possible to order an item and pick it up in store the same day. Handling and transferring items between stores can take up to 4 business days. When your order arrives in store, a customer service representative will contact you by telephone.
Can I purchase a bike and have it delivered to a residence?
How can I use a promo code?
- Choose the item(s) onto which the promo code should be applied and add it (them) to your shopping basket. Once you are ready to proceed with the billing information, click on ORDER.
- Insert the promo code in the designated box (as per the screenshot below) and press APPLY CODE.
You will see the cash discount appear on top of the invoice total. If, however, you are experiencing difficulties with your promo code, do not hesitate to contact us.
Can I use a Gift Card or a Credit Note to pay for my online purchases?
Yes, the La Cordée gift card can be used in-store and online, and never expires.
Please note that the La Cordée/Desjardins gift cards (silver and green displays) can only be used in-store, not online.
Click here for more informations.
Can I exchange an item purchased online?
How do I return an item purchased online?
Before proceeding with the return, verify that you purchase falls within the 30 day satisfaction guarantee as of the day you received the package.
Here are three easy methods to return an item:
- You can return it to one of our three stores along with the cash receipt, the tags, the original packaging and the item (cleaned or washed if necessary).
- You can contact one of our customer service representatives.
- You can ask for a return authorization within your account on lacordee.com .
*Note that you will have to assume all shipping charges
Here is the procedure :
- From the La Cordée website:
- Log in to your customer account. If you do not have an account, you can create one here or you may contact a customer service representative. They will help you through the process. You must use the same email address as the one you used to place your order.
- Click on the Initiate a return tab and select the order number representing the order you want to return.
- Select the articles that you wish to return and the quantity. Confirm everything is correct and click on the Submit button.
- Once approved by our customer service department, a confirmation email will be automatically sent to you. Attached to the email will be a return form that you need to fill out and include in your shipment.
- Make sure the following items are included in your shipment:
- The return form
- The original packaging
- The tags
The item(s), clean and washed if necessary. Send the items by mail, freight paid and insured.
(We strongly suggest that you inquire about Canada Post’s damage and loss insurance)
- Shipments cannot be sent by mail directly to our stores.
- Shipments cannot be sent by courier (Purolator, Fedex, etc.) or Cash on Delivery (COD).
- Under no circumstances will a return be accepted in person at the address found on the return form.
What is a CVC number?
The CVC number is a code that is unique to each card. It is made of 3 or 4 digits and can be found on the back of the credit card. This code is an additional security feature of your credit card. It proves that the person making the purchase had the card in hand. This code does not appear on your statement or on the receipts.
Where to find the code:
VISA: Back of card
Mastercard: Back of card
American Express: Front of card